December 10, 2013

Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Review

Okay so I totally forgot to do a review on Graceling which I read in November but here it is:

Synopsis
This story is about a girl named Katsa and she is a Graceling. A Graceling is someone who has amazing skills at one particular thing. For example a persons Grace could be cooking, and then he would be an amazing cook, better than everyone else.
Katsa's Grace is killing. She found that out when  she accidentally killed her older cousin (I think it was her cousin, or uncle). You can know every Graceling by their eyes, for their eyes have two colors (ex. one blue and the other green).
Gracelings are not of higher class.. in fact they're feared. As Katsa is the niece of the king, Randa, she is forced to be his thug and do his dirty buissness.
So when she meets a guy named Po, Graced with combat skills, she has no idea what is about to happen that will change her life completely.
link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3236307-graceling?ac=1


Spoiler-free review
I really liked this book. It's action backed from beginning until the end and the little romance we get is really adorable. This is a fantasy novel which has two other companion novels that happen in the same world but with different characters. In this book we can see a corrupted land get better and meet a few extra-characters but mainly follow Katsa (along with two others) as she tries to find out who is decieving the whole land and threatening others.
I found the journey very interesting to follow and the end left me with a smile on my face.

3236307

Spoiler review
So. In the beginning we meet Katsa as she is rescueing Tealiff from a dungeon and on this mission she meets Po for the first time. An when he comes to Randa city and they start spending a lot of time together and she grows attatched to him which is something she never expected to happen in her entire life. Then when she finds out Po's real grace and the feelings that rush through her. Oh...my...god...  Then they set out on their journey and after some time travelling she realizes that she's in love with Po! I really liked that moment.
I also really loved the twist when we found out that Bitterblue's father (what's his name again?) is Graced, and the (kind of) final "battle" when Katsa kills him. That was really quick and I wasn't expecting that to be over so quickly and easily. But it was alright.
Then when they got back to Po in the cabin by the mountain and we find out that he is blind and he hurts not being able to see Katsa but she still wants to be with him my heart ached!
I totally ship them.

And... I know that in Kristin Cashore's 3rd book "Bitterblue" she tells Bitterblue's story after she becomes queen! I simply can not wait to get to reading that!



Anyways that it for now, I'll update you with my reading progress later when I've finished my finals...

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment